Thailand Travel Vaccines and Advice
BOOK ONLINE OR CALL (647) 479-8808 FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Speak with one of our healthcare professionals to determine which vaccines or medications are right for your trip to Thailand. Recommendations will be based upon your itinerary in Thailand and your current health status. Our Nurse Practitioners specialize in Travel Medicine and vaccines and can answer all your questions related to your travel plans and medical concerns.
Thailand's Top Experiences:
1. Squirting water guns at Chiang Mai's Songkran Festival
2. Getting Scuba Certified on Koh Tao
3. Cooking up your own Pad Thai with the help of a local chef
Thailand's Preventable Illnesses:
Be sure that your routine vaccines are up-to-date. Some of these vaccines include: measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, varicella (chickenpox), and others.
Health & Safety Tips:
- Protect yourself from mosquito bites. This includes covering up, using insect repellent and staying in enclosed air-conditioned accommodations. You may also consider pre-treating clothing and travel gear with insecticides and sleeping under a bed net.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. It’s a good idea to always keep some with you when you travel.
- Drink only bottled or treated water and avoid ice. When it comes to food, always remember: “boil it, peel it, cook it, or forget it!”
- Take personal precautions to avoid animal bites and contact with bats. When travelling, consider all stray animals to be infected with rabies; do not attempt to pick up, pet, or handle unfamiliar animals, or attract or approach wild or stray animals.
- If bitten, scratched or licked on broken skin or mucous membranes by an animal, immediately clean the wound thoroughly by washing and flushing with soap and water for at least 15 minutes. Immediately seek medical assistance to assess your risk and discuss your treatment options.
Thailand Travel Consultation Details
We offer consultations for individuals, couples, families, and large groups. A typical travel health and vaccine consult will take 30 minutes and include a comprehensive destination itinerary and personal medical history review by our Nurse Practitioners. Our Nurse Practitioners are Travel Medicine experts who will discuss recommendations (from the CDC, WHO and other sources) and requirements based on your destinations, activities, time of year, altitude and medical history.
Summit Travel Health has built a reputation in Canada as the authority in Travel Medicine and vaccinations. As a full-service travel medicine clinic, Summit Travel Health carries all travel vaccines necessary to protect you on your vacation, safari, mission trip, study abroad semester, business trip, or inter-country adoption. We can also provide antimalarial and antidiarrheal medications. And, with our variety of hard-to-find travel products in stock, you will be fully prepared for whatever challenges arise during your journey.